TOP 30 TEAMS TO BENEFIT FROM TECH SPONSORSHIPS
We are excited to announce that this year’s top 30 Citypreneurs teams will have the chance to receive tech sponsorships! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to try out these sponsored technologies and elevate your business model to new heights.
The #TechSponsorship is an opportunity for Citypreneurs start-ups to try new technologies (#AI/#MachineLearning, #InternetofThings, #Blockchain) as part of their #business model. Currently, four tech companies are offering free trials of their technologies as well as mentorship that will allow for smoother implementation of the technology as part of each beneficiary startup’s business model.
Due to the amount of mentoring it takes for a successful implementation, Citypreneurs teams with the best fit with each technology will be screened to try out the new technologies. Selected Citypreneurs teams will be given at least a 4-month period to use the sponsored technology and build a working prototype under the guidance of the tech sponsors. Extensions of the right to use each technology will be negotiated between the tech sponsor and the beneficiary startup. Some technology, i.e. blockchain, can be used indefinitely.
Featured below is the list of official tech sponsors for Citypreneurs 2018:
• AI/Machine Learning: Peltarion is a Stockholm-based operational AI platform company founded in 2004, and is led by top engineers from Spotify, Skype, King, TrueCaller, and Google. Over 300 companies and organizations, including NASA, Tesla, General Electrics, Dell, BMW, Deutsche Bank, and the Universities of Harvard, MIT, and Oxford have used Peltarion’s AI Technology.
• Internet of Things: Interactor is an award-winning Silicon Valley-based IoT solution platform founded in 2014. Their product removes the complexities behind IoT sensor interaction, making IoT implementation simple and accessible for enterprises. Their client portfolio includes Cisco, IBM, GWC, Samsung, Panasonic, Fujitsu, Fabrix, and the US Department of Homeland Security.
• Blockchain: Blocko’s Coinstack platform is a blockchain solution that allows for a frictionless application development for enterprises. With Coinstack’s ready-made APIs and SDKs, the deployment period for any single solution is reduced to two months. Blocko’s partners include EY, Cisco, Hyundai-Kia Motors, KRX, KPMG, Samsung Card, Hyundai Card, IBM, Amazon Web Services, among others.
• Blockchain: Chain Partners is a Korean Blockchain company builder with expertise in EOS-based projects. The company’s proprietary crypto fund, crypto exchange, enterprise platform, accelerator/training program, and news media allows for a resourceful kick-off to a successful blockchain business.
• Voice Recognition: As the first company in Korea to develop a voice recognition engine for disabled people and to commercialize a voice recognition engine for seniors, 2017 Citypreneurs First Prize Winner Eidware is a voice recognition software that has been developing ‘warm technology’ and universal design to assist non-mainstream users such as the disabled, children, and the elderly.
Applications to the competition open on June 1 and last until August 29. Your business model should ideally take into consideration the interlinked nature of the UN SDGs. For more information, check out our website.